Guest Review: When I Need You by Lorelei James

Title: When I Need You
Series: Need You #4
Release Date: July 25, 2017
Publisher: Berkley Romance
Source: Publisher
Pages: 368
Guest Reviewer: Marie
Rating: 5 Stars
Add to Goodreads
Rules are tossed aside when a pro football player joins forces with a spitfire cheerleading coach in New York Times bestselling author Lorelei James’s brand-new romance…

Heir to Lund Industries and ladies’ man Jensen “The Rocket” Lund has three conditions when it comes to dating:
1) No single mothers
2) No cheerleaders
3) No medical personnel
So it makes no sense that he’s wildly attracted to Rowan Michaels, who breaks all three.

Rowan didn’t pass the rigorous requirements to become an athletic trainer and Vikings cheerleader in the hopes of landing a pro athlete. Been there, done that, and she has a young son as proof that football players and fidelity don’t go hand in hand. When Rowan learns her new neighbor is Jensen Lund, the smoking-hot tight end who takes being neighborly to a whole new level, she’s grateful for the team’s strict no fraternization policy because the sexy man defines temptation.

But Jensen is intent on rushing straight to the goal line to prove to Rowan he’s much more than just a player…on and off the field.


Marie's Thoughts
I always say this, and I will continue to say this – Lorelei James is one of my absolute favorite authors. She just knows how to write a great story! Her contemporary romances are among some of my must reads, and When I Need You is no exception.

This is the story of Jensen and Rowan. Two very stubborn and determined individuals who find that their greatest weakness in life is one another. From the get-go, I knew these two were going to be wonderful together. I knew they were going to have great chemistry and I knew that the drama would be just enough to keep me hooked without turning me away.  I loved how Jensen and Rowan fought against all of the stereotypes that come with being a star athlete and cheerleader, and managed to find a perfect happily ever after.

This series is superb. It’s so well written, so much fun, and so sweet, that I absolutely cannot wait for the next one.

I voluntarily read a copy of the book in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts and feelings are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment