Review: Playing Dirty by Taryn Leigh Taylor

Title: Playing Dirty by Taryn Leigh Taylor
Release Date: April 18, 2017
Publisher: Harlequin Blaze
Source: Net Galley
Pages: 224
Add to Goodreads
A game they both want to win 

Lainey Harper has never been a puck bunny. She wants nothing to do with hockey or hockey players--not after what she's been through. So why can't she resist Cooper Mead?

Portland's newest hockey star, Cooper, is all muscle and charisma. And he's Lainey's worst nightmare. Hooking up with him would bring back memories that Lainey needs to keep buried. And risk the hard-earned anonymity she's sacrificed everything to protect.

When Lainey finally gives in to Cooper's sexy charm, the chemistry's intense--but so is the media exposure. And now Lainey's got even more to lose than her secret--she's got Cooper.

My Thoughts

I absolutely loved PLAYING DIRTY! It’s a Harlequin Blaze book so you know it’ll be hot and steamy but it also has a lot of heart!

Cooper is your above average cocky, alpha male. He’s sexy and he knows it and he knows you know it too! But his bedroom eyes and heart-breaking smile are his armor. Underneath it all, he’s a genuine guy with problems of his own and with the same worries and fears as the rest of us. His flaws made him the ideal hero.

Lainey is another story. To describe her, I totally want to use the word “bitch” but I think she was more shrewish and extremely defensive. She’s very abrasive and it was hard for me to like her. But all that rough exterior and the massive chip on her shoulder disguised some very personal and professional hurts. Lainey is a tough heroine and a good match for Cooper, but I felt she was almost too unapproachable.

You’re probably wondering if Lainey ever redeemed herself, well I don’t want to spoil it so I’ll let you decide. Cooper and Lainey’s story is awesome and I’d recommend it to all readers that prefer their romance a little dirty 😊

I voluntarily read a copy of the book in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts and feelings are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment