Guest Review: Dare To Lie by Jen McLaughlin

Title: Dare to Lie by Jen McLaughlin
Series: The Sons of Steel Row
Release Date: February 7th 2017
Publisher: Berkley Romance
Source: Publisher
Pages: 336
Guest Reviewer: Marie
Rating: 4 Stars
Add to Goodreads
As an undercover DEA agent in the most powerful gang in Boston, Scott Donahue accepts the risks of living a double life. But when Tate Donovan, leader of the Sons of Steel Row, assigns Scotty to take his place in a bachelor’s auction sponsored by his sister’s sorority, he’s exposed to a whole new level of danger. Even though Tate makes it very clear—Skylar is off limits—the second Scotty sees her, he’s a goner. But how does he tell Sky she’s falling for a man who doesn’t exist?

Sky can’t resist Scotty’s cool confidence or the raw, edgy power oozing from his perfect body. She’s always been the good girl, but he brings out the bad in her. And even though she knows so little about who he really is, Sky’s willing to take the biggest risk of all. But putting her heart on the line is no guarantee that Scotty won’t slip through her fingers...


Marie's Thoughts

Let me start off by saying that I was looking forward to this book. I was eager to read Scotty’s story, and was thrilled at the idea of seeing him get his HEA. And, of course, I wasn’t disappointed.

I enjoyed Dare to Lie. It was a gritty and entertaining story that had all of the elements I’ve come to love about this series. This includes a sexy hero – a la Scotty. I love everything about him. He’s mysterious and sexy. His counterpart in this story, Sky, is a great example of a heroine. She is confident and witty, and makes a great match with Scotty. And while these two had great chemistry, I was a little put off at how “instantly in love” they were with one another. There wasn’t a lot of time spent building up sexual tension and emotion between the two of them. I will admit, however, that it did work in this particular situation.

Overall, the book is exceptionally entertaining. It’s a great addition to the series, and I thoroughly enjoyed seeing Scotty find his happily ever after.

I read and reviewed a paperback copy of the book offered to the blog by the publisher in exchange for an honest review. All conclusions reached are my own.

Comments