Top 10 Reads of 2016!





2016 is coming to an end and I can't believe how fast the year has gone by. This year has been tough for many people. There's a lot of sadness and negativity and a lot of apprehension about what's to come in 2017. 

I'd like to end the year on a positive note by celebrating my favorite reads of 2016!

Here are my favorites in no particular order 😊
To check out my reviews, just click the book covers!




Ain't She Sweet is the sixth book in the Green Mountain series by Marie Force. Set in the quaint little town of Butler, Vermont, this book--and the entire series--will fill your heart with warmth and your soul with joy. I'm looking forward to the continuation of the storyline in the new series entitled Butler, Vermont. Don't worry, you'll be able to keep up with the entire Abbott family. It's set in the same place, just a new name! 

Renegade is the second book in the Taggart Brothers series by Lisa Bingham. Jace Taggart will steal your heart if you're not careful! He's a hardworking cowboy, dedicated to his family and oh so dreamy! His brothers are equally amazing! This should definitely be on everyone's to-be-read list!




Worth It All is the third book in The McKinney Brothers series by Claudia Connor. JT McKinney suffered a dibilitating injury in a car accident during high school that changed his life forever. His recovery and life's work is amazing and I loved reading about overcoming his injuries and finally finding the happiness he deserves. All the brothers are amazing! Check them all out HERE.

Falling Completely is the first book in the Starling Falls series by Aidan Willows. Earlier this year, I received a review request from an author. She was talking about her first book and kindly asked if I'd like to review/spotlight it. She sent along an excerpt and after reading it, I had to have the rest of the book! I'm SO glad I took a chance. This story is fast-paced, funny as heck and completely heartfelt. Falling Completely is a family-centered book full of good feels! I literally want to live in this world. If you get the chance, check it out! It's currently FREE for Kindle Unlimited members. Get your copy HERE!




Viking Warrior Rebel is the second book in the Viking Warriors series by Asa Maria Bradley. This series is chalked full of Norse mythology and sexy vikings! In Viking Warrior Rebel, the viking warrior is a female Valkyrie, Astrid Irisdotter. She's a hardcore, kick-ass heroine and gives the hunky hero a run for his money! Check it out!

Deadly Silence is the first book in a new series by Rebecca Zanetti. The Blood Brothers series is a spin-off of Rebecca's Sins Brothers series. It's exciting and the action is non-stop from beginning to end! I couldn't put it down! You don't have to read the Sins Brothers series to enjoy Deadly Silence, but I'd recommend that you do. Not only is series just as exciting, you get a lot of the backstory and foundation for the Blood Brothers series. Must.Read.




Falling for the Rancher is the second book in the Cupid's Bow, Texas series by Tanya Michaels. Two words. Jarrett Ross. I am so in love with Jarrett! He's a ladies man and a dangerously sexy rodeo cowboy. But, he's hung up his spurs to come home to take care of the family ranch and his sister. She's recovering from a car accident and Jarrett has hired a physical therapist to help in her recovery. Problem is, the physical therapist tests all of his self-imposed hands-off-women rules. I absolutely loved it! Jarrett will melt your heart and have you falling in love right along side the heroine!

Archangel's Heart is the ninth book in the Guild Hunter series by Nalini Singh. She is one of my very favorite authors and I just love her! Elena and Raphael are my favorite couple and I loved having another book where they are showcased! We learn a lot of interesting and shocking things in this book and I never wanted it to end! If you haven't checked out the series, it's never too late to start! Check out Nalini Singh's website HERE for details on all the books, excerpts, deleted and bonus scenes and other fun goodies! Ms. Singh also had several other books released this year that were equally awesome: Rock Wedding, Allegiance of Honor, and the Psy-Changeling anthology, Wild Embrace!




The Beast is the fourteenth book in the Black Dagger Brotherhood series by J.R. Ward. This is my favorite series! In The Beast, Rhage and Mary are dealing with some serious issues in their mating(marriage) and we follow them on their journey. There's also some other things going on and some really amazing things! I don't want to spoil it so I'm not saying much. If you love sexy vampire warriors and dialogue that makes you laugh out loud as well as makes you cry, you'll definitely love this series. The Beast can be read as a standalone but I'd recommend you read the whole series. J.R. Ward also had some other amazing releases this year too that you don't want to miss: The Angels' Share, second book in The Bourbon Kings series and Blood Vow, second book in the Black Dagger Legacy series.

Shadow Rider is the first book in a new series by Christine Feehan. The Shadow series is utterly captivating in this new world of danger and street justice with a paranormal twist. I can't wait for the next book! 


There were SO many wonderful reads it was difficult to narrow them down. 
I'd love to hear your favorites!

Now that 2016 is over, we have all the amazing upcoming releases of the new year to look forward to!

Have any favorite 2016 reads? What are you looking forward to in 2017? 

Thank you for stopping by! 
I wish you a very happy and prosperous new year full of love...and books!

Comments

  1. There were so many great books in 2016 and even though in my personal life it wasn't fabulous....the books I got read were fabulous!!! I love your list here.

    Shadow Rider was simply amazing, and the characters were larger than life. I can't wait for book 2.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely understand! I think we could all use a break from 2016. I'm not sure what to expect in the new year, but I know we there are many fabulous books releasing that will help us through it!

      I'm really looking forward to that second Shadow book too! Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful new year!

      Delete

Post a Comment