Guest Review: Reaper's Fire by Joanna Wylde

It’s time for more men and motorcycles in the latest from the New York Times bestselling author of Reaper’s Fall...

The club comes first.

I’ve lived by those words my whole life—assumed I’d die by them, too, and I never had a problem with that. My Reaper brothers took my back and I took theirs and it was enough. Then I met her. Tinker Garrett. She’s beautiful, she’s loyal, and she works so damned hard it scares me sometimes . . . She deserves a good man—one better than me. I can’t take her yet because the club still needs me. There’s another woman, another job, another fight just ahead.

Now she’ll learn I’ve been lying to her all along. None of it’s real. Not my name, not my job, not even the clothes I wear. She thinks I’m nice. She pretends we’re just friends, that I’ve still got a soul . . . Mine’s been dead for years. Now I’m on fire for this woman, and a man can only burn for so long before he destroys everything around him.

I’m coming for you, Tinker.



Smoking hot. Reapers just keep getting better and better.

I think the smoke surrounding Hallies Falls had more to do with the chemistry between Cooper/ Gage and Tinker than the wild fires.

Gage’s loyalty to his fellow Reapers never wavered. Not even when it became dangerous for Tinker to have any involvement with him. That danger came from the unhinged Talia and her brother March. It felt that Gage was leading two lives, and for all intended purposes he was. He had his role to fill with Talia but his heart was with Tinker.

Tinker had the same type of loyalty toward her father. She was an independent strong business woman who walked away from her no good husband in the big city to return to her small town to take care of her ailing father.

Sometimes I would forget who the antagonists were in this book. Was it Talia and her sadistic brother? Or was it the wild fire threatening the small town of Hallies Falls? The description of the fires was very realistic for me. I could actually imagine all the smoke and the difficulty to breathe for all the characters involved. I was more concerned that the fire was going to actually cause more damage to our couple than Talia and March.

The only down side I had for Reapers Fire was that it ended without really ending. There is so much left to finish. The Epilogue hinted at a messy ending so I am hoping that we the reader will finally get our thirst to see an end to Talia in another book. Either way there is always fun and sexy adventure to be had in any Reaper themed book. Until next time.

Rating: 4.5 Stars

I read and reviewed a paperback copy of the book gifted to the blog, from the publisher, in exchange for an honest review. All conclusions reached are my own.


Comments