Guest Review: Allegiance of Honor by Nalini Singh

The “unparalleled romantic adventure”* of Nalini Singh’s New York Times bestselling series continues as a new dawn begins for the Psy-Changeling world...
The Psy-Changeling world has undergone a staggering transformation and now stands at a crossroads. The Trinity Accord promises a new era of cooperation between disparate races and groups. It is a beacon of hope held together by many hands: Old enemies. New allies. Wary loners.

But a century of distrust and suspicion can’t be so easily forgotten and threatens to shatter Trinity from within at any moment. As rival members vie for dominance, chaos and evil gather in the shadows and a kidnapped woman’s cry for help washes up in San Francisco, while the Consortium turns its murderous gaze toward a child who is the embodiment of change, of love, of piercing hope: A child who is both Psy…and changeling.

To find the lost, protect the vulnerable—and save Trinity—no one can stand alone. This is a time of loyalty across divisions, of bonds woven into the heart and the soul, of heroes known and unknown standing back to back and holding the line. But is an allegiance of honor even possible with traitors lurking in their midst?


I have to start out by saying that you should probably read this series from the beginning before picking up this latest release. I am not ashamed to say that I had never read the books prior to this one, however, while I was extremely excited to give it a try, I was lost more times than not.

That being said, even lost, this book was extremely enjoyable. It was difficult for me to follow along with sub-plots and what not while reading (yet again because I have not yet read the first books of the series), but it didn’t stop me from becoming invested in the characters and their current situations.

Nalini Singh is a somewhat new to me author, and after reading this book, I will be adding more of her books to my list. She is a very gifted author with an ability to pen intricately beautiful romance. This book is filled to the brim with her talents of romance, as well as her ability to build a wonderful world of scenery and well developed characters.

I can’t wait to start at the beginning of this series, and will enjoy rereading this one when the time comes.

Rating: 4.5 Stars

I read and reviewed a Net Galley copy of the book gifted to the blog, from the publisher, in exchange for an honest review. All conclusions reached are my own.


Comments