Review: The Inheritance: Part III by Olivia Mayfield

The case in Olivia Mayfield’s The Inheritance is heating up, and so is the connection between Maggie and Andrew. But even attraction is suspect when millions of dollars are on the line…

The Inheritance, Part III
The Betrayal
Shaken to the core by her latest discovery, Maggie seeks solace in the arms of an eager Andrew, and an evening of consoling turns into a night of reckless passion. Though Maggie’s investigation into Cassandra’s vanishing is meeting with little success, her love life finally seems to be going right. The more she learns about Andrew, the more Maggie begins to believe that she let the wrong guy get away.

But as their relationship turns from a one night stand into a more serious fling, Maggie realizes that Andrew might be hiding secrets of his own—secrets that make her wonder if his seduction hides ulterior motives.




Another exciting episode in the Inheritance saga! Maggie interviews a former classmate and her mom trying to discover more details of the night of Cassandra’s disappearance. Maggie’s also become more careful but still keeps looking over her shoulder everywhere she goes.

Maggie, Maggie, Maggie. I knew she was going to cave. I certainly wouldn’t trust Andrew. I think he is a slimy sneaky snake waiting to attack. I also think her plan to become intimate with Andrew is going to end up biting her in the ass, big time. She needs a clear head if she’s going to solve the case, not by daydreaming about passionate nights and young love getting a second chance.

Three parts down, three more to go. As we get deeper into the series, I find my presumptions are becoming more concrete. I think Andrew is behind the disappearance. I think he secretly wanted Cassandra and that’s why he dated Maggie to get closer to her. Cassandra may not have wanted him but I definitely believe Andrew wanted her. Maggie better watch her back or she may share the same fate as Cassandra.

Am I right? I think at this point in the serial,anyone is suspect. Could be more than one person, could be someone Cassandra trusted. I know one thing, the suspense is killing me! Bravo Olivia Mayfield!

I was gifted an eBook copy from the publisher via Net Galley in exchange for an honest review. All conclusions reached are my own.



This serial is also available combined (Books 1-6) in one eBook HERE.

Comments