Review: Rogue's Passion by Laurie London

Hidden within the rugged mountains of the Pacific Northwest, Iron Portals separate the modern and ancient worlds. Only a chosen few, Warriors of the Iron Guild, know their locations.

For years, Olivia Crawford has kept a low profile in order to keep her para-ability secret. If the army finds out she’s a Healer-Talent, they’ll force her to work for them—just like her brother who was taken as a boy and never seen again.

But when a terrible explosion rocks New Seattle, she risks everything to save the injured, including a handsome stranger with secrets of his own.

Blaming himself for the death of a friend, Iron Guild warrior Asher Kane vows to bring those responsible to justice. After he’s hurt on a mission and nursed back to health by a beautiful yet mysterious woman, this dangerously sexy bad-boy finds himself falling for her…even as he struggles to stay away.

But stalking them on the streets of New Seattle is a cruel and vengeful evil—one that threatens to destroy them both…




While I really enjoyed the first book in the series, I thought this installment was just okay. We dive right back into the war of between the Pacificans and the Cascadians. Asher and Olivia cross paths and sparks fly immediately between the two. It felt like Olivia and Asher were going a little too fast as we find Olivia on her knees in front of a naked Asher in a bathroom hours after meeting. While the sexy time scenes between the two were very hot, I felt like I missed something in between them meeting and getting naked.

I also felt this way in other parts of the story where there are time jumps. I did enjoy reading about the new characters introduced in the chop shop and the possibility of seeing Olivia’s brother, Vince.

I am a diehard Laurie London fan and while I wasn’t really vested in this storyline, it doesn’t affect my choice to continue reading whatever Laurie writes. It’s a good story; just a little disappointed it didn’t grab me like the previous book did.

I was gifted an eBook copy from the publisher via Net Galley in exchange for an honest review. All conclusions reached are my own.



No comments:

Post a Comment