Review: Christmas at Seashell Cottage by Donna Alward

It's Christmas in Jewell Cove...

And local doctor Charlie Yang finds her quiet, steady life disrupted by both an abandoned baby in the nativity manger, and a real-life mystery man. Sure, she's always wanted a family of her own, but she didn't imagine it coming from a baby that wasn't hers and a man who was more interested in living day by day than making long-term plans.

Ex-SEAL Dave Ricker hadn't planned on making Jewell Cove his forever home, but the talented and tender-hearted Charlie has him reconsidering his position on settling down. Can a beautiful woman, adorable baby and a small-town full of holiday spirit change his mind for good?



I glanced over several of the book’s reviews before I began reading and the one word that kept popping up was “heartwarming.” After I finished it, I can see why. This is a heartwarming story of two lonely people who’ve found each other during the Christmas season. Not wanting to rush too fast or label their feelings, Charlie and Dave set a leisurely pace in getting to know one another, and both falling hard and fast in the process.

It was so easy to fall in love with these characters. Charlie is a doctor and was raised to make decisions on logic and purpose, but when she finally meets the man she’s been crushing on face-to-face, she finds that her dreams and her reality are very different. Dave is a former Navy SEAL who’s taken on a temporary job to be closer to his daughter. When a chance meeting with the lovely doctor ignites a strong attraction, Dave struggles with the need to spend more time with Charlie while respecting her need to keep him—and his temporary plans of staying in Jewell Cove—at arm’s length.

I absolutely loved the book! I was completely vested in the story and enjoyed every word of it. The characters are likable and easily relatable. The romance was slow and I loved the fact that Charlie and Dave took the time to get to know each other despite their strong sexual attraction. Also, I appreciated the author’s decision to keep the profanity minimal and the love scenes tasteful. I loved it! I want to read all the books and learn about all the people of Jewell Cove.

CHRISTMAS AT SEASHELL COTTAGE is a delightful read with realistic and endearing characters and a beautiful love story. I recommend it to all readers who love Christmas-themed small town stories full of heart!

I was gifted an eBook copy from the publisher via Net Galley in exchange for an honest review. All conclusions reached are my own.



No comments:

Post a Comment