Review: Falling for the Sheriff by Tanya Michaels

A FRESH START

Widow Kate Sullivan moved to Cupid's Bow, Texas, to get her teenage son on the right path. But their new life in the small town gets off to a rocky start when her son is caught shoplifting by the sheriff. Kate is immediately attracted to Cole Trent, but she's not ready to fall in love again, and certainly not with another cop.

Cole should have known Cupid's matchmakers would scramble to fix him up with a smart, beautiful woman like Kate. The single dad has managed to evade their efforts until now, so he and Kate come up with a plan to keep the matchmakers at bay. Pretending to be a couple was a good idea, until Cole realizes his feelings are anything but pretend. Can he convince Kate to give their romance a real chance?



This book has all of my favorite aspects of a good romance. It’s set in a small town where everyone knows everyone else. It also features two single parents with some great kids. Being a single parent myself, I was totally able to relate to Kate and her fears of dating again and what affect that would have on her child.

Cole is the epitome of a Harlequin hero. He’s a hard workin’ man who loves kids—especially his kids—and cares about the community he lives in. He’s also dangerously sexy and a true romantic.

Cole and Kate were brilliant together. I loved how patient and understanding he was with her. Even though Cole wanted to go full throttle into a relationship, he respected Kate’s need to take things slow.

The secondary characters were fun and I found myself wishing the book was longer so I could learn all of their stories as well. I also liked that there were three points of view in the book: Cole’s, Kate’s, and Kate’s son, Luke. Having his point of view was essential and gave a more in-depth dynamic to Luke’s relationship with his mom.

FALLING FOR THE SHERIFF is the first book of the Cupid’s Bow, Texas series. It is a heartwarming read that will have you laughing, crying and loving right alongside the characters. I absolutely loved the book and I can’t wait to read more from Tanya Michaels!

I was gifted an eBook copy from the publisher via Net Galley in exchange for an honest review. All conclusions reached are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment