Review: Midnight Ride by Cat Johnson

One bucking bronco...

Oklahoma ranch hand Tyler Jenkins is too young, too sexy, and too damn wild to be tied down by any single woman--for more than a few steamy hours...


One hard-working widow...


Widowed rancher Janie Smithwick is too busy paying off her debts to play rodeo with a reckless young cowboy like Tyler--no matter how hot he gets her...


One midnight ride they'll never forget...


As a rule, Janie should be dating a man her own age, like her handsome neighbor Rohn--not the twenty-four-year old ranch hand he employs. But once Tyler gets Janie alone--held tight in his arms, pressed against his hard muscled body, burning with desire--the widow realizes that some rules, like broncos, are meant to be broken...





MIDNIGHT RIDE is the first book in the Midnight Cowboys series which is a spin-off from the author’s Oklahoma Nights series. Tyler Jenkins is the younger brother of Tucker Jenkins (ONE NIGHT WITH A COWBOY) and Tara Jenkins (THREE WEEKS WITH A BULL RIDER). 

Tyler is a young, cocky cowboy who works hard and plays harder. He is a total hound dog and I about stopped reading when he showed his true colors in the first chapter. Because it was a Cat Johnson book though, I hung in there and was rewarded handsomely. 

I applaud the author for bucking the norm and writing a story with an older woman and a younger man. I thought it was a brilliant idea and I am so glad that Ms. Johnson thinks it’s okay for women past their twenties to be romanced, fall in love and have a happily ever after. I wish more authors would do the same.

I thought the delivery of the story was done well and although I wasn’t completely sold on Tyler in the beginning, he completely won me over in the end.

I also enjoyed the secondary characters and loved revisiting those from the Oklahoma Nights series. I’m looking forward to the next book and to Rohn finding his happy ending.

MIDNIGHT RIDE was an enjoyable read with sexy cowboys and a love that defies all odds.

I was gifted an eBook copy from the publisher via Net Galley in exchange for an honest review. All conclusions reached are my own.




No comments:

Post a Comment